Thursday, 12 June 2008

The price of petrol! (2)

Yesterday was the first time I filled petrol for my car at the new price of RM2.70 per litre. Apparently, my long wait at the petrol station last Wednesday night managed to postpone the inevitable by 5 days.

Yesterday's feed for my car cost me RM136 for just over 50 litres. Ouch!

The government has advised us to change our lifestyles to cope with the increasing cost of living. Get real!

The last `real' holiday that I took was ages ago. I don't go to see movies at cineplexes. I take my family out for dinner only occasionally. I don't play golf and I can't remember when was the last time I bought a music CD. The only real pastime that I have is reading and I buy books because it is a tax-deductible expense.

So how do I change my lifestyle to reduce my spending? Maybe I should not send my son to any more tuition classes. Or maybe I should stop subscribing to Astro... but then I would have to go to the 24-hours mamak restaurant to watch football games. This would not make the wife happy for sure. Or perhaps I should turn in my Streamyx service to save the RM100 plus a month... this would mean that I would have to stop surfing and blogging... Ouch!

And yet I read that our PM is going to curb the paid holidays for the Cabinet Ministers (and their families!) in an effort to reduce government spending. What?! Our Ministers get to go on vacation on taxpayers money?! Crap!

No comments: