Thursday, 24 July 2008

If tomorrow never comes...

A few days back, I posted about this pastime of blog-hopping. It's quite remarkable that by visiting other blogs, dropping a comment or two and getting the response, we get to become friends without even the need to physically meet each other. It is indeed a borderless world now.

When we read about the situation of our blogger friends, we do feel empathy. I daresay, this feeling even extends to blogger friends of blogger friends. And so, when my blogger friend U. Lee posted about the demise of his blogger friend Shera, I cannot help but feel a little sad too.

Lee who resides in Toronto Canada, is the author of a very interesting blog called A Moonlight Rendezvous. Lee's blog is full of amusing stories and eye-catching pictures and is visited by many Malaysian-based bloggers. Shera was a frequent commenter. Unfortunately, Shera passed away on Tuesday 22.07.08 due to an automobile accident. She was 34.

Shera had a blog, charmingly called SheraCuppaCoffee. Her last post was about the king of Malaysian fruits, made a day before she died. I visited her blog yesterday. From the way she wrote, I could guess that she must've been a cheerful and caring person. I was most touched by the 2nd-last posting, which tells the story of how she met and fell in love with her husband. To have written something so meaningful to someone you love, just two days before you meet the Almighty.... is it irony or is it fate? I cannot imagine what her husband was feeling when he read that piece.

Shera had a music widget on her blog sidebar. Some of the songs on the playlist also happen to be my favourites. In light of what has happened, the wordings to a few of these songs seem to carry a deeper significance..... songs like Belaian Jiwa (Innuendo), Perpisahan (Anuar Zain) and If Tomorrow Never Comes (Ronan Keating).

I reproduce here the lyrics to the Ronan Keating song :

If Tomorrow Never Comes

Sometimes late at night
I lie awake and watch her sleeping
She's lost in peaceful dreams
So I turn out the lights and lay there in the dark
And the thought crosses my mind
If I never wake in the morning
Would she ever doubt the way I feel
About her in my heart

If tomorrow never comes
Will she know how much I loved her
Did I try in every way to show her every day
That she's my only one
And if my time on earth were through
And she must face this world without me
Is the love I gave her in the past
Gonna be enough to last
If tomorrow never comes

'Cause I've lost loved ones in my life
Who never knew how much I loved them
Now I live with the regret
That my true feelings for them never were revealed
So I made a promise to myself
To say each day how much she means to me
And avoid that circumstance
Where there's no second chance to tell her how I feel

If tomorrow never comes
Will she know how much I loved her
Did I try in every way to show her every day
That she's my only one
And if my time on earth were through
And she must face this world without me
Is the love I gave her in the past
Gonna be enough to last
If tomorrow never comes

So tell that someone that you love
Just what you're thinking of
If tomorrow never comes

My condolences to the husband and family of Shahira Bt. Abdul Ghani. May Allah bless and protect her soul always...



Footnote : Additional info about Shera can be obtained at her friend's blog, here --> Chahya's Candle.

11 comments:

Patricia said...

Hi Fadhil,

I left a couple of comments when I found out you were ill, did you not find them?

It is so sad to hear about Shera. And so appropriate this song; I especially like the version by Ronan Keating.

I hope you are feeling better after the flu.

Take care,

Pat

Emila Yusof said...

So sad to read about this. My condolence to her family. Read her friend's post about her funeral and tears seem to be falling down easily here at this end.

May peace be upon her.

Michelle said...

Fadhil,

I know what you mean. I've also recently read on a blog I visit frequently about the death of her friend's friend. Was quite saddened by it too.

Makes you stop to think about what it is about life that is important to you. Made me realise that life's precious.

Take care.

U.Lee said...

Hi Oldstock, hey...terima kaseh for the mention, and your beautiful warm thoughts of Shera.
Yes, we all lost a good friend...i felt it as I was teasing her about her durians, she replied two of my comments...but never had the chance to reply the 3rd one...I waited....but her friend Chahya instead informed me in my previous blog...Shera had passed away.
I was the last one to chat with her too. So sad.

Oh God! Never have I felt so miserable, so lost...so sad...and for the first time, my tears came out...
She was such a warm, caring, lady, her humour touched all of us...and her cheeky comments in my blog never failed to make me laugh.
And we were joking about Saturday's fantasy date re my previous posting...what she'll wear.

Anyway, Shera has left us forever....but her blog, her beautiful postings, the songs she loves will remain for eternity in Blogsphere....and who knows, one day, someday her two very young daughters now will when they grow older read their beloved mother's blog, listen to her favorite songs...
her laughter, her voice will remain with us forever in her blog now.

Oldstock, terima kaseh seribu for your kind thoughts, I appreciate it....drop in tomorrow...posting a new post.
Best regards....hope your flu better, Lee.

Oldstock said...

-> Pat, yes I received your comments on the other post. Seemed liked they stuck somewhere in cyberspace before resurfacing. Thanks for the wishes.

-> Emila, saya pun dah berlinang airmata.

-> Michelle, we all know that we have to go, someday. But to go unexpectedly.... makes it all the sadder.

-> Lee, some people cross our path in a few fleeting moments but leave deep impressions. Looking forward to your new post.

jabishah said...

Hi there,
It was so thoughtful of you for posting this beautiful entry. I know both arwah & her husband. I'm not sure though whether he has read the post about him. Anyhow,I do not think now is the time yet to tell him. But true as you mentioned, she was a warm & caring person. She brought sunshine where ever she went. She is now safe with the Almighty but I am praying hard for her husband to be strong in facing the challenges to come. Esp. when their 2 little girls are concerned. Thank you again.
Al-Fatihah...

Oldstock said...

Hi there Ja,

Thanks for dropping by. I decided to post about Shera after reading her blog and realised about the irony or coincidence of events. Adakah ianya secara kebetulan ataupun memang telah disuratkan? No doubt we can always fall back on the view that everything `sudah ditakdirkan', but that doesn't help in relieving the sorrow, does it?

I was reading through her old posts again, last night. Her post of 27 June 2008 about the effort she made to help her student, is another story that is so surreal...

When you next meet arwah's husband, please let him know of my sympathy.

Drop by this blog again soon. I've had a sneak peek at yours. Rajin masak nampaknya awak ni ye... :-)

Chahya said...

Hi there O.S,
As of yesterday's visit, her husband is still in a terrible state of sadness. He hasnt the strength yet to read her blog and was wondering if her blog would automatically be deleted if it's not active for some time. Couldnt answer him on that.
Do u know of such thing?
He'd like to keep the blog for their children's sake.

Oldstock said...

Hi chahya,

Sorry to hear that the husband is still in sorrow. Understandable.

I'm not sure about Blogger deleting a blog that's not been active for some time. It's probably there somewhere in the fine print (which we had not read) when we agree to sign up as a blogger.

But if you wish to keep the memories of Shera's blog, here's what I suggest you do. Copy and paste each post to a MS Word file. Give each file a unique filename and date and save them in appropriately-named folders or even burn them onto a CD. Since Shera's blog is relatively recent, it's not too tedious a job to do. You can then review her posts at your own time even if Blogger decides to delete her blog later. When her children grow up and decide to create their own blogs, their late mother's posts can then be copied to their blogs, if they wish.

I do this for my own blog anyway, just as backup, just in case Blogger crashed or something.

Thanks for dropping by.

Nurie said...

This is so sad...I visited arwah's blog just now and its juz so hard to accept that she is no longer here with us..May Allah cucuri rahmatNya untuk roh arwah.

Like you said, in this blogs' world, we all become friends somehow, in fact we may know them a bit better than their cousins or relatives coz we know more abt them from their writings...

In fact now I'm already hooked to some of friend's blog from your blogger list :-)

Oldstock said...

Hi Noor,

Nice to know that you like the blogs on my list. I've been to those on your list, tapi belum sempat nak menjenguk semua.

You take care now.