Thursday, 17 July 2008

What festival?

Crap! The 5th Johor Bahru Arts Festival runs from 5th to 19th July 2008. And I only got to know about it yesterday, by way of a commercial break on Astro. I immediately did an online search and guess what, I missed Mia Palencia's performance which took place last Thursday 10th July. Crap!

How come the organizers did not put billboards or banners highlighting the festival? My office is smack in the middle of JB city and I haven't seen any on my drive to work. Heck, today I even made the conscious effort to look out for such banners but still I could not see any. At the very least, the organizers should have made use of online advertising, but I've not seen anything on the news portal websites either. Have I been living under a coconut shell these past few days?

The festival ends this Saturday with a vintage car and bike show in the afternoon and an RTM Jazz concert in the evening. But I'll be on my way to Kuala Lumpur tomorrow night after work. Crap...

5 comments:

Emila Yusof said...

I didn't know about it either until I read this entry of yours, Fadhil! Thank you for the Mia Palencia link! Wow! I didn't know she has a great voice! Had goosebumps listening to her! Must get her CD asap!

Oldstock said...

Hi Emila. I tried to look for her CD at the MPH store here but couldn't find it. I'll try in KL next week.

Robo said...

I only get to know this while reading your blog! Too bad, poor public awareness is always the weak point of MY......
Anyway, thanks for the info.
Cheers!

Oldstock said...

Hi robo,
Thanks for dropping by. Will visit your blog soon.

Emila Yusof said...

No worries Fadhil, will get one for you too if I managed to find it!