Saturday, 30 August 2008

Wishes for the occasion

1. Selamat Hari Merdeka 2008

A very warm wish to all on Malaysia's 51st Merdeka Day. Somehow this year's merdeka celebrations seems a bit subdued to me. I have not put up the Jalur Gemilang in front of my house. Even other business premises around town are not flying as many flags as previous years.

It's not that I'm unpatriotic but somehow the present situation that our country is in is quite a sad state. My hope is for a brighter and happier outlook for next year. There's plenty that I want to write about but let's just pray and wish for better times.

The least I can do is to fly the flag in this blog.

Photo credit : Matt & Debs Picasa Web Albums

2. Ramadhan Al Mubarak

To all my muslim friends and readers, the warmest of wishes for the coming month of fasts and abstinence. Praises to the Almighty for granting us the extension in our lives to be able to meet this holiest of months again.

I seek forgiveness from all of you should there have been any mistakes on my part. Ramadhan teaches us to be steadfast, patient and moderate. Hoping the month will be gracious to you all.
Salam...

6 comments:

Patricia said...

Best wishes to you and your family for this Ramadhan, Fadhil. May it be a holy and happy month for you.

Pat

Oldstock said...

Thanks Pat. Happy Merdeka Day to you.

Emila Yusof said...

Salam Merdeka dan Selamat Berpuasa, Fadhil. I bought a Jalur Gemilang but forgot to buy the pole, so I just hang it in the house.

Oldstock said...

Emila,

At least you are hanging the flag. My Jalur Gemilang from last year is in the store somewhere...

Selamat berpuasa.

razifembi said...

hemmmpm...so far this occasion had warm celebrated . .. I do not put the Malaysia flag ...

I wish and hope to see new air and bright future for our country ... getting sick with those silly politicians and controversy ...

See my New Update :

Photo2 Hari Kemerdekaan, sory lewat ! ada masalah teknikal. Apa pandangan anda? Salam Ramadhan .rgds : RelaxJom

Oldstock said...

Hi Razif,

Will drop by your blog soon. Ada gambar-gambar bazar Ramadhan kat Penang tak? Mesti meriah tu...