Sunday 23 January 2011

The first engagement of the year

Ever since I got hold of a DSLR camera about a year ago, I became the unofficial photographer at most of our family functions and events... namely weddings and engagements. I cannot claim to match the pros because my arsenal of lenses and photo gadgets is still very basic. But the joy I derive from taking pictures becomes meaningful because after loading them online, the pics can be viewed by other relatives who could not make it to the event.

Yesterday was the first engagement ceremony for 2011. Our niece, Siti Nurul Solihin bt. Zaid, is now promised to be married to a handsome young chap from Besut, Terengganu. The ceremony was held at my brother-in-law's house in Tangkak, Johor.

Congratulations to the family of Zaid Md Amin and Noraini Ali Afendi on the prospect of welcoming a new member into the family. God willing, I will join the trip to Terengganu next year.


The future groom is Muslim bin Mausin
Sweet... but brutal too!
Used the old road on the way back to catch this view of Gunung Ledang

6 comments:

Nin said...

My sentiment exactly... not that you want to match the pros, but you're just doing a favor so that other family members get to see the event in pictures.

Love that last pic, of gunung ledang!

Pat said...

I knew there would be great pix, and I was right! I love to be right! MUAHAHAHAH!!!

Fadhil said...

Nin, more pics are in my FB profile... tapi you kena jadi friend la, hehe...

Fadhil said...

Pat, which one is the great pix... or you mean all of them? Muahaha!

Nurie said...

I saw the pics in FB, great shots of capturing the moments...

I esp. like the one u post here- the 'bendang' kedah dialect for sawah padi :-)

Fadhil said...

Noor,

I have some other bendang photos which I took of the sawah at Sg Besar in Sabak Bernam. Quite beautiful too... maybe I'll upload them in FB later.