Sunday 17 May 2020

Teacher's Day 2020

The following was a post on my Facebook yesterday 16 May 2020 to commemorate Teacher's Day.

It takes a big heart to shape little minds.

It is a humid and stuffy afternoon now. The dark clouds and occasional sound of thunder that threatened to burst into a thunderstorm had passed by my house as just a drizzle. Another area in JB is probably experiencing the heavy downpour.

Actually, it is such a good time to take an afternoon nap. But I've been taking too many daytime dozing sessions (especially in the situation of MCO and fasting) that it is becoming not such a good thing. So in conjunction with Teacher's Day, I've decided to explore my Facebook friends list and find out how many of them are teachers or do work related to the teaching profession (lecturers, librarians, counselors and the like).

Here's what I've found :

1. Facebook does not display my friends list in alphabetical order. Nor is it in frequency of interaction (some people who are inactive are found in the top half of the list while some who regularly respond to my posts are near the bottom).

2. I have a total of 466 Facebook friends (including some duplicates and those who have passed on). Of these, 46 are teachers. That works out to a whisker under 10%.

3. Fourteen (14) of those teachers are my fellow batchmates of MCE/SPM 1979.

4. Of my FB friends, I have seven (7) teachers who taught at MRSM Kuantan.

5. Four (4) persons on the list are family members (one sister-in-law, one daughter-in-law and two nieces). Yeah, ladies all of them. The guys in my family are not inclined to teach.

6. I have three (3) friends called Zura (Azura, Norazura and Maizura). Guess what.... all three are teachers.

`Selamat Hari Guru' to all my teacher and educator friends. All your combined weight in gold can never match the value of the knowledge you have imparted.

................................................

Wan Shahriza, Zulika Abdullah, Roswati Abdul Wahab (a), Kharmilla Abdullah, Siti Hamidah, Sir Peter Ng, Noordin Mohd Yusof, Nor Ezan, Azura Omar, Cahaya Malam, Rashidah Jailani, Shahrin Mohamad, Azie Amin, Norazura Abd Talip, Hazlin Nazri, Puan Faizah Aziz-Wells, Marz Zain Al Din, Roseline Mairon, Khairanum Subari, Paula Khoo, Eniey Ab Rahim, Cikgu Rahmah Sahamid, Daud Mohamad, Siti Zaleha Muhammed Said, Adriana Ismail, Nida Elias, Cordelia Mason, Cikgu Mohdzin Abu, Zulkafli Hassan, Fauziah Abdul Ghani, Saufie Ali, Cikgu Zakaria Mohdnoor, Ruzaini A Arshah, Wanmai Wanman, Cikgu Kandan Saikon, Yang Farina Abdul Aziz, Kak Yong Irna, Abdul Razak, Haziah Hashim, Rohana Mustapha, Nur Diyana Zainal Abidin, Atun Manap, Suzyanna Mokhtar, Pat Goh, Ana Wahid and Cikgu Zamri Mohamed Isa.

(Mohon maaf banyak2 jika saya ada tertinggal nama sahabat yg juga seorang cikgu atau pernah menjadi cikgu)
.............................................

2 comments:

Pak Idrus said...

BTW I have a new Blog in Bahasa Melayu, here https://pakawang39.blogspot.com/

Fadhil said...

Noted, Pak Idrus. Will pay a visit soon, insyaAllah.