Monday 12 July 2010

A new addition to the family

On Saturday, my brother-in-law (my wife's youngest brother) got engaged to a sweet young lady from Bagan Datoh in Perak. I was part of the `rombongan meminang' which included four elder sisters, two elder brothers and an assortment of in-laws, nephews, nieces and friends. It is the first time we are all to meet the young lady in person.

We assembled at my brother's house at Shah Alam very early in the morning and it took us nearly three hours to get to the young lady's place by way of the coastal road via Kuala Selangor and Sabak Bernam. My brother's fiancee hails from a kampung in Hutan Melintang. This prompted some of us to jest that my brother would be marrying an `orang hutan', hehehe...

God willing, the wedding would take place in February next year. We welcome Cik Nurul-huda Ismail as the latest addition to our extended family.

Part of the gifts from the gentleman's side, Godiva chocolates. The name comes from the legend of Lady Godiva of Coventry in England. Google the name to read about the interesting legend.

Nine trays of gifts from the lady's side in return for seven

A happily smiling bride-to-be

6 comments:

HLiza said...

Blog baru tu takleh komen ek? I really want to try those Godiva chocolate lah..tak pernah lagi. You are a much pro-like photographer now. Jadi org pangkal ke? (Jurucakap)

Anonymous said...

This reminds me a story my mom told me. At my parents' wedding, my dad's side brought 7 dulang hantaran but my mom's side reciprocated with 27 dulang! Not that they prepared all 27, they only prepared 9. The rest were all contributions from the kampung folks. I thought that was so cool!

Never tried Godiva choc... I think there's also a Godiva cafe somewhere in Pavillion, KL. Wonder how the hot choc taste =)

Fadhil said...

Hliza,

The other blog tu was originally set for private viewing because I was testing the blog templates. Bila dah jadi photoblog, maybe I terlupa nak reset the comment moderation. Nanti I check.

No, I wasn't the jurucakap. That task is presently being handled by an older bro-in-law. I was the unofficial photographer.

Fadhil said...

Ladymarko,

Becareful when tasting godiva chocs... read the ingredients first.

I only got a chance to take pics of the choc... no chance to sample one in my mouth. I was told they are real expensive!

Justiffa said...

Waah.. tukar 'curtain' kebiruan ni nak sambut ramadhan ke oldstock? nice, sejuk je rasa :)

Theres a godiva outlet @ suria klcc tp i've never gathered enuf courage to enter.. dgr kabor mahal giler.

Congrats to the anak2 buah. semoga berkekalan dilimpahi keimanan & kesejahteraan :D

Fadhil said...

Justiffa,

I dah lama experiment dgn new blog template... baru ni found the layout that I like.

Actually, I've never heard of godiva chocolates before that day. A niece of mine asked me to guess the price. I said about RM200... she said, how come I know. I said wild guess.

There's a pic of what's inside the box in my other photoblog (see sidebar for link).