Wednesday 12 February 2020

Tempat jatuh lagi dikenang...

We made a short trip to Kuantan the previous weekend. The main purpose was to fulfil an invitation by a former teacher to attend the wedding reception of his son. As always, we took the opportunity to visit other places as well. It was a packed weekend of activities but truly a memorable one.

I am not going to write about the whole trip but just an initial short post. A visit to Kuantan would almost always mean a stop at my former school, Maktab Rendah Sains Mara Kuantan. Although I spent only two years there, it was my first experience of boarding school. A lot happened in those two years. The many friendships that began there have seen the test of time and most relationships have grown stronger till this day.

It has been 40 years since I completed my secondary education at MRSM Kuantan. The students there today call me `Pakcik', which is actually nice to hear. The school has evolved too, although at one time, MARA had plans to re-locate it or shut it down but the dedicated effort of some alumni managed to make the authorities change their mind.

I believe the school still produce quality graduates with respectable attitudes. I am proud to have been a product of this school and I hope they are equally proud of their former students too.

This signage structure had been erected for some time now but it took me a while to realise that "MRSMKU' has two meanings

At the main entrance signage wall. The motto on the school badge is not the original one as coined by a former student

Footnote : My first post on MRSM Kuantan was in August 2008 - An east coast education

No comments: